Thursday, March 1, 2007

2nd ultrasound results

I will state it as our doctor stated it: "Here is our little peanut."



I added descriptions to this photo since it looks more like something (say, a peanut?) than a grain of rice. I actually saw the heartbeat on this one. Our next appointment is in a month. At that point the baby's body will catch up with the growth of the head. Don't know what the sex of it is, and we don't really care. We're just praying for the big stuff like no physical deformities and fully functioning organs. That way we are fully responsible when we screw it up as parents and can't cop out and blame it on something like genetics.

I tried to play a joke on Amanda when we were at the doctors office, but it didn't work out. I've been teasing Amanda about my birth weight when I was born (11 pounds 8 ounces) and further teasing her about 'what if it's twins!!?'. We joke and tease and have fun with it. So I thought it would be funny if I asked the nurse to ask the doctor to state during the ultrasound "Gee, it looks like there is two of them in there!" She asked if my wife was vulnerable to having a heart attack and I said no.

So she agreed to ask the doctor, but apparently the doctor didn't think it was a good idea. Now that I think about it, there's probably some HIPPA regulation or some mis-diagnosis clause that would cause the doctor to lose their license in a lawsuit. Needless to say, the doctor didn't say anything while we were in there, so for now it's just one peanut. And that's fine, I understand, not a problem.

But, my wife is a good sport about the whole thing because on the way out to the car I confessed what I thought was humor and she laughed about it. And she really laughed, she didn't give her usual 'ha ha, that's funny' comment laced with sarcasm. So it's good.

I guess now I should start to make up our flyer that we are going to send out to everyone next weekend. Tick, toc, tick, toc until we go to her hometown and tell her family. We are going to drop the flyers in the mail next saturday on the way to their house. Amanda pointed out that I'll probably have that nervous grin and laugh going like I did on our wedding day. hahahaaha!! I bet she is right!

C

No comments: