Tuesday, March 6, 2007

T-minus

Just a couple of more days until the announcements go out. They turned out really great and I'm glad we took the time out to work on them together. We had an assembly line process going and just as we got started my uncle called and he and my aunt were in town visiting my cousins and they invited us out to meet up with them. My mind raced. Do we tell them or not??

Well, we weren't planning on telling anybody for another week, but...that's just how it turned out. Amanda agreed and stated that it is much more exciting telling people in person. And to think we were going to try and wait until Easter to tell everybody....that's over a month away and we (I) were (was) dying 2 weeks ago!!!! So anyway, we told them and now some of my Dad's family knows.

I don't get it, we've got all this anxiety built up over telling our parents. It's like we are guilty of something...

Anyway, we were hoping we could trick Amanda's parents into coming to town last weekend so we could tell them, but they are redo-ing their bathroom, so blah blah blah, they couldn't come to town. Nor could we think of a good enough lie to trick them to coming to town without them suspecting something. So our ruse next week of getting them to look at a house with us is when it's going down. DAA DAA DAA!

Oh, and we told Brother in law Mark over dinner when he was in town for the Arnold Classic this past weekend. It went like this:

C: Hey Mark, guess what?
M: What? (in a very dry, annoyed tone...I think I was annoying him--whoda thunk it?)
C: You are going to be an uncle in October.
M: *sticks his finger in his ear and tries to get some mites or dirt or something unstuck*
M: Trisha (his younger sister) is pregnant?
C: No you dummy, your other sister. (boy did I fall for it hook line and sinker, he got me)

So that's that. I have let the wife on here to do some teacher stuff.

C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright. You made your new blog public now.

I wanted to be the first one to post a comment and say congratulations!

I'm excited for both of you!

-Sergey-