Wednesday, March 28, 2007

bumBumbumBumbumBum

I had another doctor's appointment today. And I got to hear Peanut's heartbeat! I got in and there was the usual urine sample, weighing in and heart rate check. And the nurse DID question me about why my weight hasn't gone up. And no wonder I've been getting dizzy spells when I stand up to fast because my heart rate is down.

It was the nurse who actually did the doppler and surprisingly it was a pretty small device. It was about the size of a cassette walkman and had a microphone with a flat end. She explained that it may take a few minutes to find the heartbeat, so don't panic when she couldn't find it. And it did take several minutes and lots of jabbing. I kept hearing a faint heartbeat and wanted to say "hey, isn't that it?" but then realized that it was probably my heartbeat. And then she found it :) It was clear as day and she counted it to be about 150 bpm. She said normally it should be 120-180, so Peanut is doing great.

The doctor came in just to say hey and see if I had any problems or questions. I asked about allergy pills (I've been sneezing every morning this week) but other than that I had nothing. I mean really I could complain about the exhaustion, inability to sleep, tenderness, cramps, etc but I know she'd just tell me to suck it up. And still no vomiting, so I don't think I have any right to complain at all.

1 comment:

chicks514 said...

You've been sneezing in the mornings? I guess I missed that....