Monday, March 31, 2008

The Quest for a Jumperoo

This past week I tried to focus on getting a Jumperoo for the little guy. Of course I tried to get one used first as it is cheaper and 'reuses'.

I tried Craigslist. The first couple of times I looked there were a few. But I thought I could get cheaper. And only one was close by. Of course I didn't jump and it was gone the next day. I kept looking and nothing showed up. Finally a local one did, but the person selling never responded. One did show up for a good price, but was far enough away that gas would offset the price anyway.

So I tried resale shops. The two closest focus mainly on baby clothes but I checked anyway and came up empty. I'd been at Once Upon a Child last week and saw a couple so I called to check and they no longer had them. I called two more Once Upon a Childs and finally found one that just got a jumperoo in. We drove all the way there just to find it smelled of cigarette smoke.

So I gave up and bought a new one. Xander loves it. It fits the rainforest theme that we seem to be collecting, it has a swivel seat so he can turn around and obnoxious sounds. I am kind of glad it's new because he immediately went for the chew toy and tried to swallow it. Of course Xander can only spend so much time in it before he gets overloaded and panics, but it's a nice break for me. This thing will have amazing resale power.


No comments: