Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day at the Museum

Yesterday Xander and I adventured down to Cincinnati to visit his aunt and uncle.

First, Xander, Aunt T and I went to a bridal shop so I could help her pick out a bridesmaid dress. She tried on bunches and found one that will look great. In the process of helping her I had Xander on a bench and was playing with him. Well, I stand up to clip T's dress and what do you know Xander is on the floor screaming. He didn't roll off, but somehow swiveled himself and pushed off of the wall. He's fine and I'm still beating myself up about it. I'm always careful and this one time I get distracted by pretty sparkles, he takes a dive. The best part? All captured on webcam, so the sales people and random strangers online all saw it.

We then picked up Uncle Tallie and went to the Museum to see the Bodies exhibit. The day was gorgeous and 68, so of course I develop a migraine. Ugh. So T and Tallie go to see it while I hang out and try not to get sick in front of the thousands of people there (seriously, for a Wednesday it was packed). Fortunately Xander was great, good mood and cute as a baby can be. He learned a new trick too: while the baby carrier is in the stroller I didn't buckle him in and took out the BundleMe and Xander took that as a sign to pull himself up to sitting. I was a little freaked out that he'd do another dive, so while I waited I laid him on a table to wiggle.

But we did get this picture. I couldn't get Xander to smile. He'd only gape at the camera so I figured I'd play along.

No comments: