Thursday, April 3, 2008

To the Eye Doctor

At some point I was told about the InfantSee program and was interested in Xander participating. Fortunately my new doctor is involved in the program. So I today I took Xander in for his first of (probably) many trips to the eye doctor.

Genetically, Xander's eye sight will likely plummet around 5th grade. Nothing we can do about that. InfantSee is more to catch lazy eye and other little problems. So Xander sat in my lap and kept getting distracted, but the doctor looked at his eyes and checked them for tracking. No problem.

I did not know the doctor would give Xander eye drops, but we went ahead and did it. Xander was tired and a little cranky, but took it pretty well since I walked around with him. The doctor did a few more tests of looking in his eyes and pronounced him a 10 out of 10.

Meanwhile Xander had charmed the office ladies with a few smiles and eye sparkles (their words, not mine).

No comments: