Tuesday, September 4, 2007

One Month To Go

I feel a little pale and clammy when I think too hard on that fact. One month. Maybe less (maybe more). I just try to stay focused and not get sick.

At the Labor Day party, people were so great and helped out and asked if I was doing ok. I did great all day, I was kind of proud of myself. I thought for sure I'd need to just lay down for a while. The hardest part was playing Cornhole and having to pick up the bags. I did really feel it on Sunday morning though. Tired, sore back, achey, bleh. It's a good thing Chris is so wonderful and didn't bug me about cleaning up after the party.

Several people have commented about how I was still wearing my rings. I leave them on all of the time, so it doesn't occur to me that they might be too snug. I gave that up after this weekend. It was a great weather and it still hurt to try to turn them around, so I'm wearing them on a necklace now.

The baby classes start this week! Chris will miss the first two, but should be back for the important one on Saturday, "Labor and Delivery". Today I have "The First 3 Months" which will continue next week. Since we have no friends nearby with kids and no close relatives with kids, we need this just to cover 'common sense' things and what to expect and hopefully how to diaper the little guy. Later this week will be the breastfeeding class. Most of the books I've looked at cover this, but I feel like this is an area where I'll need something more than illustrations in a book. I hear there are a lot of great resources out there for breastfeeding, so hopefully I'll get lots of pamphlets at the class.

No comments: