Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Baby Shower

My baby shower was great! Here's a little recap of what went down.

It started at 2 with food. Sarah and Nikki had a great spread of wraps, sandwiches, veggies, fruit, brownies and lemon squares. Oh, and punch (I couldn't get enough of that), lemonade and fancy mint-lemon water to drink. People kept arriving and I got the chance to get around to everyone and say hey.
Then came the games. First was a game to embarrass me - everyone had to cut the length of string they thought it would take to go around my big belly. I must look huge because almost everyone had one too long. The winner was my mom, probably because she's given me so many hugs. There was still talk of a conspiracy though.

Next was the dirty diaper game. I've heard of it, but never seen it played. It is at the same time gross but oh so entertaining to watch. They took 10 diapers and melted a different candy bar in each. So the guests had to guess which diaper had which candy bar by passing it around and smelling it and looking at it. I tried to get some people to taste, but there were no takers.

Finally was the name game. I pulled a letter out of a bag and everyone had to make a list of names starting with that letter. We did this twice, once with B and once with N. It was funny how some people just would go totally blank under pressure (my sister's friend is Brittany and she totally forgot until the end) and others were getting all sorts of names (like Bentley).

Then came the cakes I made, everyone seemed to enjoy them and there was enough leftover for Chris to take into work. And of course, the presents. Wow, it's so great to be so loved and everyone to be so excited for us. Now we have pretty much everything we need to welcome the little one home!
A big thanks to everyone who made it that day, I hope you had as much fun as I did!

A huge thanks again to Sarah and Nikki for organizing this for me!!

No comments: