Wednesday, January 23, 2008

inconsolable

Inconsolable.

Mr. Stinkybutt becomes completely inconsolable right about 7:45 every night. Right in the middle of Wheel of Fortune. I've been warned about 'The Witching Hour', which is the hour before a little kid needs a nap he/she becomes a real pain in the neck...but he's only 4 months...isn't it too early for this?

Tonight was worse than other nights, but I try not to get too hung up on it. To solve it we've gotten into the habit of just putting him to bed at 8 every night and that seems to work. It only takes about 10 minutes and he ends up screaming himself to sleep. And then he sleeps for a good chunk of the night, so that's good.

I do have some fatherly advise to pass along to the rest of the world.....when you are watching Jeopardy with your wife and your kid is in his bouncy seat in front of you (or anywhere within earshot), do not, DO NOT scream with delight when you answer the final Jeopardy question correct on Shakespearean Geography.

It's so rare that I correctly answer the final Jeopardy question correct I just couldn't help myself. And on Shakespearean Geography to boot!

No comments: