Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Blue Steel!

Today Xander and I made a trip to the mall for his first professional picture session. I was oh-so-lucky to win a free session and 8x10 at the photography place there. They also have a 'milestone' deal that I might take them up on because they did a good job today.

Unfortunately Xander spent all of his smiles on me before the pictures began, so most of them look very serious. But many did turn out good, especially since I brought his little penguin along to keep his attention.

Some highlights of the trip:

Did you see the video in the last post of Xander's face plant? Well he kept trying to do that while in a basket and the entire thing would start to tumble over every five seconds. Finally I just had to hold his feet and keep the basket down.

Many of you have seen him 'snuggle' with me while I'm wearing a sweater. He just likes to rub his face on the sweater. Well, imagine putting him on a fuzzy, furry rug. Yeah, he just plopped his face down and rubbed away. When we finally got him to look up, his face was a nice rosy red color.

One of the better pictures of him? The big drip of drool kind of makes it less adorable but kind of funny.

We did some of the classy naked baby pictures, you know, so we can embarrass him when he is older and trying to date. Oh, except Xander was apparently having fun with it and that is when he got smiley and really wiggly. So we would try to pose him in a discreet manner and then all the arms and legs would flail about and we would have to repose him.

I'm going to try to drag Chris along to pick out a picture and see if we want any packages this time. Maybe I'll scan what we get so everyone can see it. Of course then there is the danger of Xander being discovered and becoming a baby model, moving to the big city and forgetting all about his dear ole ma.

No comments: