Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Peanut's First Road Trip

I just got back yesterday from a road trip to Wisconsin for my cousin's wedding. Chris couldn't make it, so the ride was me, my brother and sister (my youngest brother couldn't make it either).

The ride was about 12 hours, plus time added in for rest room breaks and eating. I'm happy to say that I did not once say "We need to pull over, I have to use the bathroom!" On the way up the trip was split into two days and it really wasn't too bad. I didn't have to drive and brought along pillows of varying sizes, food, drinks and books. The ride back was rough though, Peanut was moving and poking and prodding almost constantly. I could not get comfortable and had not slept well the entire trip, so I was getting pretty cranky by the time we made it to Sidney.

While in Wisconsin my aunts, uncles and cousins all were excited to see me and asked questions. And they all touched my belly! That's the first time it really happened and since I see them once a year, I wasn't offended or anything. Plus my belly is just getting huge. It didn't help having free food most of the weekend.

At one point my sister said that we should name the baby Jacob. Later my uncle said Jake would be a good name. So by the end of the weekend the entire group was calling the baby "Little Jakey". Except my youngest brother still calls the baby "Milo". Since Jacob wasn't in our top five choice of names, they will all be shocked come October.

At the reception I felt a little self conscious getting up to dance. But my siblings were champs and get me involved. How? When the song "My Humps" by Black Eyed Peas came on, they declared it my song and got up to dance. And who wouldn't join in this fun?

1 comment:

chicks514 said...

Yea, notice how Mark and Trisha have their arms positioned in mock pregnant belly fashion.