Sunday, July 22, 2007

week 29 and nursury painting

Did some painting in Peanut's room this weekend. It's a nice Lemon Yellow. No, wait, Lemon White. It's light yellow for crying out loud.

Anyhow, the second coat is done and I can clean up tomorrow. I'm getting pretty good at painting.


Look at that giant thing below! There is significant growth (I think) between last week and this week.

As I was taking this picture she says "I'm sucking it in." Yea, I can tell.


Oh, we also registered today at Target and Baby's r us. That was a very annoying process, but it had to be done. Word of warning to those who might have a kid and need to register...take along a new mom. The volume of information associated with baby crap that is out there is completely overwhelming and causes new parents to take it out their stress while testing of capability of strollers to collapse.

Car seats? WTF? I am completely unable to discern good and bad features of car seats. If I couldn't make something on it move within 10 seconds I moved onto the next one.

And what's this crap "Good up to 22 pounds." Well how long does it take a kid to grow to be 22 pounds? Anybody? Well, the strangers across the aisle said 8-10 months. Great, so I have to by another one when their feet dangle over. Oye.

Bottles? Nipples? I just walked away from that aisle. As much fun as I have spending time in an aisle that says "breast" and "nipple" all over, I couldn't spare the brain power on it this afternoon. I spent all my brainpower on painting and didn't have the patience or energy to weigh the pros and cons of angled, disposable, wide mouthed and regular bottles.

However I did take the time to register for pacifiers with bling on them.

Oh, and you should have seen Amanda storm out of the bib aisle at Baby's r us because she didn't like their selection. It was funny.

Anyway, I want to read some of HP7.

No comments: