Friday, May 4, 2007

Wardrobe Malfunction

So Chris helped me buy new clothes, but I have not yet gotten new jeans or many new tops. I'm also stubborn because I haven't gained that much weight, so do I really need new clothes? Yes, yes I do.

Early in the week Chris tugged at the bottom of my shirt and said he didn't think it fit very well anymore. I thought he was referring to my tummy getting big, but I didn't realize what he really meant until I saw my reflection at school later that day.

I was wearing a gray button down shirt with white vertical pinstripes. Now since becoming pregnant I have become rather well endowed in the upper body area. And I'm not talking about my arms. So this shirt is pulling a little around the front and the stripes seriously accentuate the problem. So I walked around the rest of the day with one hand tugging my shirt straight.

And the last pair of jeans that fit are about to get packed up. It was rough wearing them today. If my shirt were longer I'd have unbuttoned the top of them. Unfortunately my shirt is a little too short due to the belly and endowment issues. *sigh* I never thought I'd enjoy elastic waistbands this much.

My freshmen found out about the pregnancy this week. They are happy for me and all keep saying "I thought so, but I didn't want to ask." Apparently one boy once asked a lady about her pregnancy and she was just overweight so she slapped him. I'd been eating in one class pretty regularly (seriously, lunch at 12:45??) so that was a big tip off. Another boy said he'd heard in his health class about how pregnant women get cravings. I said it wasn't a craving so much as I was so hungry that if I didn't eat I would kill one of them. They all pointed to a boy in the front row. It was rather humorous, but maybe you had to be there.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I can't help you much if your shirts are too tight for your top, but have you heard of these? http://www.bellaband.com/bellaband.html I heard about them AFTER my pregnancy and was seriously sad I'd missed out on them.

Also, if no one told you the trick yet, try using a small ponytail holder (one of the elastic kind, not a big scrunchi) and loop it through your button hole on you fave jeans, then feed it through itself and use that as your buttonloop. Instant stretchy fantasticness, very little exposure.

Good luck to ya!