Friday, May 11, 2007

Peanut is on the move!

I kept wondering why feeling the baby move is called 'quickening.' From my experience it's because suddenly you realize the baby is moving. And the next day you realize the baby is moving a lot. Then the third day the baby is jabbing away like a boxing champ. At least Peanut is athletic.

Seriously though, it is weird to feel something move inside and think 'someone is IN there and he/she is depending on me.'

Also the major times Peanut likes to kick it is when I'm in the car. This scares me (not badly) for two reasons. First, I was a horribly car sick child. The annual car ride to Wisconsin required pulling over and Dramamine. If Peanut doesn't like car rides now, just imagine in a few years. Second, we are going to Wisconsin this summer and taking a van. That's going to be like fourteen hours of kicking and punching.

The rest of my students found out today about the pregnancy. They were all pretty funny because they all 'knew' but were afraid to ask. So they all started listing off when they figured it out. Like that I didn't give blood. One boy said "I figured it out the day you threatened to take away my oatmeal creme pie." I laughed at that one because I remember that instance and I would totally have eaten the creme pie in front of him.

And for Julie, I think I will look into Bella Bands. I had heard of them, but was skeptical. And by skeptical I mean stubborn. I also heard one person say they were itchy and made shirts ride up. But for the added comfort I might as well check it out. :) For those of you not in the know Bella Bands are the latest rage in maternity wear. Seems like it is a wide piece of elastic to help hold pants up. I'll let you know if I go for it.

No comments: