Sunday, April 29, 2007

Week 17!

Here we are, week 17! I took another one with her shirt pulled up exposing her belly, but I wasn't allowed to post that one, even though it looks better. She still hasn't crossed the definitive line of looking pregnant or looking like she was stranded on Cadbury Creme Island with the river of 2% milk for 2 weeks. (Yes, I asked before I wrote the previous sentence and it was okayed)


This was a rough week. There was a morning (evening) sickness episode. Gross.

We had a Dr's visit too and I heard the heartbeat this time. It was pretty cool. I should have asked the nurse to measure my heartbeat or Amanda's so I could have a point of reference. Next visit is at 20 weeks where they'll do another ultrasound and try and figure out the sex.

Oh, and at the closing on our house Friday (yes, we closed, everything went well, more to come tomorrow) our Realtor told us we were having a girl because she is carrying high. That seems to be the winning feeling (vote) by about a 2/3rds margin.

Goodnight.

4 comments:

Rob said...

Are you going to go back once the baby is born (or once you get the definitive ultrasound) and tell everyone who made predictions whether they were right or wrong? :) I got pretty sick of people guessing for us, so I was tempted. My suggestion is to see if Hugs has consistent dreams about one or the other. Julie swore we were having a girl and she was on the money.

chicks514 said...

Well, since we are only at 17 weeks, we aren't sick of the questions. Although they are all the same:
1. Are you excited?
2. What are you having? (which leads into)
3. Are you going to find out?

Plus, if we find out and tell everyone that made a prediction, it will either feed their ego or they'll think that it was a fluke that they were wrong. Regardless, whatever etiquette that I could try to teach to someone would probably be a waste of time. Because they would either not take me seriously, or hurt their feelings too much that they are jaded for the rest of their lives and never ask any questions to a pregnant woman or the baby daddy.

Hugs has a hankering of what the sex might be...but I think she's telling only me.

Rob said...

Trust her intuition. I haven't done any research into it, but I bet there's a biochemical signal that is triggered by the presence or absence of the second X chromosome (or presence or absence of the Y), i.e., some gene there that produces something that may tell the mother's body whether it's a boy or girl. The trick would be to be "tuned in" to that signal, something I think a lot of mothers don't do.

It's kinda like The Force...

chicks514 said...

Could be...then the question is "How much of Hugs's Force capabilities are a Farce?"