Friday, October 1, 2010

Cold Little Piggies

Our current house has hard wood floors with a few rugs thrown in. My first thought was wondering how often the kids would slip and fall, possibly hitting their heads and passing out and/or needing stitches. Can you tell I'm one of those mothers that worry? In any given circumstance I will immediately detail in my head what could go wrong and what I would do to make it better. Chris is the opposite. "Look Xander, a tall and unstable ladder covered in broken glass! Let's practice climbing it and then tomorrow while I'm at work your mother can have a fit when you climb it and she's busy with your sister to stop you." I'm just saying.

Back to the point.

There have already been several mornings where the house is nearly frigid when we get up. I want to put the kids in socks that have traction but the traction has worn off of Xander's socks and Josie is still new enough to walking that traction won't help a lot.


So I bought the kids slippers.


I bought Xander's at Target. Have I ever discussed Xander's foot size with you? Well, he has wide (widewide) feet. A couple of times we bought shoes that were too big just so his feet would fit into them. Even the velcro adjustable sandals were too tight. But I saw these and figured I'd give them a try. He loves them and tries to wear them to bed and at naptime. After about three wears, one of the slippers ripped right underneath the elastic. I thought about bringing them back but figured it's easier to get on and, really, we're not going to find something that fits better. I considered ripping the other one.


I had to look around for slippers for Josie, there is something about size 4 that makes them either sold out or just not available. I found some at Babies'R'Us and just went with them. They aren't the hard soles that I wanted but she's pretty steady in them. And I was annoyed by getting something that is trendy but I can't help thinking how cute she is running around in these knitted pink slippers with a cute skirt. You wouldn't catch me in this get up but Josie totally pulls it off.

No comments: