Sunday, February 11, 2007

dr.'s visit

Chris here:

So we had our first dr's visit on wednesday. I didn't know what to expect. Anyway, we showed up and met with a nurse practitioner. First impression: she's a little weird. Basically she just went over some basic stuff with us, don't smoke, don't drink, eat good meals, don't take anything with aspirin and so on. She also gave us a bunch of paperwork to read over as well.

Hugs was being cute when we were there during the visit. The NP would ask her a question and she would look at me after answering it and smile with a look that said "Look at me I'm a grown up and I'm answering the NP's questions, aren't I a good wifey!!" I kept thinking, "dude, calm down and pay attention to her!"

That was followed up by some blood and urine tests. They told us that if they don't call us everything is fine. So I guess we are still preggers and everything is fine. The next visit is wednesday at 2pm and they will do an ultrasound to verify some stuff in addition to the due date. So, our initial due date is September 19. How do you like that?

So why did we think the NP was a little weird? Well, for me it was the (what I think are) fake boobs; for Hugs it was the fake tan. I just don't get that...people who are in health care but don't know how to take care of themselves.

So then on friday we get our first baby gift. The guy who was the first to know sent us a piggy bank! How nice! It has 4 compartments so the kid can choose how to invest their money. I guess I should just come right out and say it. The first person to know (and the donor of this gift) was our financial adviser. I guess because it's about money I just didn't want to post it. Anyhow, here's the picture of it. Ours is green.
Money Savvy Generation

And I'm actually having success in browbeating Hugs into eating good. I can get her to eat vegetables now without using my plumbers helper, funnel and a vice.

So that's all for now.

Chris

No comments: