Wednesday, March 25, 2009

18 month checkup

Ah, the doctor again. It's been a while since we've had to go there since Xander hasn't been sick lately (knock on wood). I've been getting a lot of comments about how big Xander is, which confuses me since he fits into 18 month clothing. Maybe he just looks broad in the shoulders and the way he tackles other kids makes him seem bigger.

Height: 31.5 inches (40th percentile)
Weight: 25 lbs, 11.5 oz. (40th percentile)
Height vs. Weight puts him in the 75th percentile! At the last appointment he was in the 50th.
His head wasn't measured.

There were a lot of questions to make sure development was going ok. Aunt T helped me count and he has about two dozen words he says, he understands sentences, he moves and climbs a lot, eating and drinking are going great. I have noticed Xander is drooling a little and putting stuff in his mouth so I asked about more teeth, which I guess is a good possibility. I was asked to start brushing his teeth twice a day.

After the appointment we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and Xander received his own little platter with bread and bananas. He ate one piece of banana and promptly stuffed the other three pieces into his mouth. He also didn't want to use his special sippy cup that I brought and instead played with the cup, lid and straw of the kiddie cup brought out. He would pull out the straw and struggle to get it back in. After he dropped it, he would turn the cup over and try to drink out of the hole where the straw was. It was entertaining.

No comments: