Saturday, October 25, 2008

And so it begins...

It's been coming for a couple of months. There has been cruising along the furniture and pushing his toys around. There's been hanging on gates and leaning away from what he's hold just to drop and crawl. There has been clinging to your fingers and pulling /steering you around the house.

Yesterday Xander started walking.

He was pushing his truck and it ran into the couch. I said "Hey Xander, come here" and held out my arms. He took three steps to me with no signs of wavering or falling. I proceeded to pick him up and cuddle him and kiss him until he yelled.

Ikkin visited later and we spent a good 20 minutes of sitting on the floor playing "Walk to Mommy" and "Walk to Aunt Ikkin." And Xander did.

People kept saying "Just wait till he starts walking, you'll be so busy trying to keep up." It was hard enough trying to keep up when he crawled, so I'm a little nervous now.

1 comment:

Dandysue said...

That's great! I thought that he was just about there on Thursday, he started to feel really steady sometimes! Can't wait to see!
Mandy