Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Xander's Uncle's Wedding

Xander handled the excitement and bedlam of the wedding weekend fairly well for a one year old. He was watched most of Saturday by my youngest brother's girlfriend (thank you!) and various relatives since Chris and I were both part of the wedding party. Here's a few quick notes.

1) Hotel rooms are not babyproofed. I had to use a coffee table turned on it's side and the pack'n'play to block of the desk and it's cable and outlets. And I had to move the luggage rack and luggage in front of the mirror. That took care of the worst of it.

2) One year olds do not understand sleeping in. Xander was up at 6 am on Saturday. I took him in the bathroom and let him play in the bathtub while trying to let Chris sleep in a little. Fortunately, he was so tuckered out Sunday morning that we were up before him.


3) After the clock strikes 8, only Mom and Dad may hold the little guy. Everyone else causes crying. A great uncle and cousin will even cause cringing away. It got to be a running gag that my cousin would sneak up behind Xander and pluck him out of my arms to try to catch him off guard, but Xander would always start crying.


4) Guys of any age look good dressed up.

No comments: