Sunday, November 2, 2008

Enter Enchilada

Chris arrived home from a business trip last Saturday (October 25) and I took a test. I received two pink lines without even studying.

We smiled and laughed. And since Chris had surprised me by hiring a babysitter and taking me out to eat at a nice restaurant. I chose to go to Eddie Merlot's which turned out to be even fancier than I expected. But I ordered fillet mignon and it was fabulous. And we discussed Xander's little sibling Enchilada.

Of course we discussed names (which, like last time, will remain confidential). We discussed how to rearrange rooms. And that was that. Mostly, we enjoyed the evening out and even received free cheesecake!

Of course the next day we visit Ikkin and see her house and go out to eat. And Xander is mostly good but a little rowdy. Then we visit Ukie and go out to eat. And Xander is much more rowdy. By the end of the evening, Chris and I look at each other and say "We're going to have two of them?!?"

And since then I've had moments where I just sort of freeze up and think, "How are we going to handle this?" Like Xander waking up at 5:30 yelling. He'll wake up Enchilada. Then Enchilada will yell and keep Xander up. And I will never sleep again.

Anyway, we've told close family but are waiting until the first doctor's appointment to spill the news. So hopefully I'll hit the "save" button and not the "publish" button when I finish this post. Then we'll post it later.

Unfortunately, I seem to be making up for having a good first pregnancy. My appetite will suddenly drop or I'll feel nauseous. And I'm cleaning and organizing weird things (like fixing an old picture album). So we'll keep you posted on the pregnancy.

No comments: