Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sleeping

You wouldn't know it some nights, with Xander waking up three or four times, but that boy can sleep with the best of them. When house shaking wind and thunder sweep through, there is nary a peep. When fireworks alarm and astound, he ignores and snores.

My parents came to visit this weekend. They showed up at noon just after I put Xander down for a nap. The kid was out before I even lay him down in his crib. We all chatted, Mom and I went to the nursery and bought plants, we all had lunch. No peeps from The Boy. And you know my parents didn't drive all the way here to visit Chris or me. So despite our usual 'let sleeping babies lay' mentality, after two hours we decided to try to gently wake him up.



Yeah, Chris tried poking, bouncing, talking and rubbing his nose. And Xander was totally comfortable in that position. X also slept through us laughing and chatting. We gave up. After another fifteen minutes Chris just went and picked him up. Xander was not pleased.

No comments: