Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Get Up, Stand Up


As you can see, Xander is pulling himself up on everything. Slowly, but surely, he is standing flat-footed instead of tippy-toe, holding on with one hand, and cruising along the couches and gates. In fact, this has become a problem in the crib. When he pulls himself up, his mouth is even the top of the brand new crib. He spends most of his time at the end of the crib next to the door. Lo-and-behold there are teeth marks all along the edge there.

I have to admit, I've been tempted to spray Bitter-Yuck on the edges which we already have for the cats. Would that make me a bad mom? Yeah, I think it just might.


Xander and I have taken a couple of road trips this week, despite the ever-rising gas prices (grrr). Monday we visited Dandy and her dog Barkley. Xander was delighted with a new space to roam and a new pet to chase. Xander didn't cry when Barkley was barking and even laughed when Barkley growled.

We visited my sister on Tuesday. He had lots of fun crawling over her futon mattress, pillows and blankets. Have I mentioned Xander has developed a thing for doors? If I put him down in his bedroom he will immediately crawl to the door and swing it back and forth, eventually closing it. Same thing with bathroom doors and the front door. Well, he found a cat carrier at my sister's and repeatedly sat and played with the door to it.

And right now he is throwing a temper tantrum because he can't get under the desk. There is a box in the way and he can't figure out how to push it out of the way.

No comments: