Friday, December 7, 2007

Out for Dinners

This week we were out for dinner twice.

On Tuesday Xander and I met Ikkin for burgers at Red Robin. It was so great to just get out and chat with a friend. Xander was a putz who was on the verge of crying, but he did wait until I was almost done with my burger.

We did discover that he already has a favorite condiment: ketchup. At one point, while Xander was calm, Ikkin held up a bottle and moved it around. Xander was completely fascinated. Then while I was buckling him in and he started to meltdown, she held up the bottle again. He would catch sight of it and get all wide eyed, start to cry, then see the bottle and calm down again. I wish I could describe it better because it was hilarious to see.

Thursday night my mom and aunts came to town for a conference over the weekend, so we met them to eat at Max & Erma's. Xander was tired for half of it and then became incredibly wiggly. Nonetheless he was cuddled and kissed within an inch of his life. Honestly, I found some glitter on his head this morning, so someone had lip gloss on.

Overall these outings were a good time. When Xander first arrived on the scene I was absolutely paranoid about going out. What if he began crying uncontrollably? What if he needed fed? What about diaper changes? What if.... well, you get the idea. So it's nice to know that Chris and I can handle these things.

No comments: