Friday, August 31, 2007

cutting it up

We are just cutting it up tonight.

C: Sweet, look at that vein! It looks like a stick figure!
A: Gross! (pulls shirt back down over belly)
C: Can I trace it with a pen?
A: No!!
C: C'mon, it'll be cool, like hieroglyphics!
A: No! It's my belly.
C: Whatever, it's my belly too.
A: (mockingly) It's not uter-you, it's uter-us.

So that got me to wondering if there is pregnant body art. Yes there is, and Google has all the answers (and photos).

A little more creepy is the belly casting. No thanks.

And I never knew what a placenta looked like. Thank you Google image search (shudder).

1 comment:

Rob said...

Wait'll you see the umbilical cord in person! It looks so wierd, like a body couldn't possibly have MADE that! And the sheer amound of fluid in the uterus, be prepared for some amazing things.