Friday, August 17, 2007

Another week, another pointless doctor visit

I'm at the point where I go to the doctor every other week just so they can tell me I'm fine. I got the added joy of another finger prick today so they could test my iron level. And of course it bleed profusely. But I passed that test. Other than that it was uneventful, besides how I was in and out in record time today (45 minutes). I'm sure that time is directly correlated to the fact that I brought my own book to read instead of reading the magazines available, in which the time for the visit would be closer to 1 hour and 30 minutes or 2 hours. The magazines in the lobby are good, but in the rooms they are outdated by several years. Years!

Also, my doctor is definitely going to be out for maternity leave. I knew she was pregnant, but I didn't think she was that far along. Chris and I have been meeting the different doctors at the office for the past few visits, but what can a 5 minute meeting tell you? Actually I do know that I did NOT like the doctor I had last time. He totally pish-poshed birth plans and made me feel silly for even mentioning it. The doctor today was so much better and even spent a few minutes assuring me that even though my doctor would be out, he and the rest of the doctors were available. He was really nice about it and of course I very nearly cried.

Stupid hormones.

No comments: