Saturday, June 9, 2007

My 'condition'

I have this problem with clearance clothes. Seriously, either everything is ugly or they only have smalls and extra larges. Some people I know find great deals all the time, but not me. So shopping for maternity clothes has been a little rough. I don't want to pay full price for clothes I'll only be wearing for five more months but I know that I need new clothes.

I finally found some good deals at Old Navy. Their regular price clothes are a bit pricey (or I've become the biggest tight wad ever) but I found some gems on sale. No fashion show this time though. I found a pair of jeans! For $10!! Seriously, how hard can it be to find jeans with elastic maternity waists that fit? Really hard. And even these jeans are a bit iffy because they are low rise. Yeah, low rise elastic waist maternity jeans. So bending over or sitting down requires hitching up the pants every time.

I also bought a new hoodie, a couple of tank tops and a swim suit. I don't know how much use the swim suit will see, but it was $15 and fit. It totally looks like a mom swimsuit though. It has been a long time since I've worn a one piece swimsuit.

On a side note, I am just popping out. A month ago people were asking if I was ever going to show. Now I have people walking up and saying they just found out. I offered a teacher help in taking down decorations in her room. She was on a ladder taking off pictures from above the board. She told me that a woman in my condition shouldn't be doing that. This coming from someone who is suffering from back pain and arthritis! Ah well, it's nice that people care.

No comments: