Thursday, June 14, 2007

Adjustmenting

Since I've started popping out in the last month, I'm having to make little adjustments that I'm not used to.

Chris smiles every time I get up out of a chair because he can tell I'm having to put a little more oomph into it.

I am used to turning sideways and sliding through tight spaces, but I'm not judging the width so well anymore. I keep hitting the side view mirror when going to my car in the garage. And when Chris and I ate lunch last week I kept hitting chairs when squeezing between tables. I guess I at least wasn't hitting people in the head with my big belly.

Today I tried out my new swimsuit by lying out in the yard. I threw some towels on the ground, grabbed a book and sat down. Then I realized:

1) I can't lay on my back (it's frowned upon after the 5th month, even though I do catch myself sleeping that way) and
2) I can't lay on my stomach (veeeeeery uncomfortable)

So that leaves laying on my sides. Which makes it hard for me to read and easy for me to fall asleep in the sun. So I mostly sat and turned around at various intervals.

No comments: