Wednesday, April 4, 2007

baby bump

So we had a realization at our house last night. Mostly just for me. But anyway, we are sitting there up in our spare room, I'm on the computer and Amanda's just reading. She gets up to leave and I say "wait a sec" and put my hand on her stomach. Then I realize, "Holy crap!! It's hard!!" Meaning her stomach, it was like she was flexing her abs...it was weird.

Apparently, within the past day or two, her uterus has gotten hard. I think that means that the official baby bump has showed up. Bump!

So after that realization on my part, I had to spend the next minute touching it. This ended up with Amanda falling back on to the couch laughing with me trying to touch it. She kept yelling at me to stop poking it, so I ended up using just the tips of my fingers and was gripping it as if I was holding a basketball and about to throw it. No, her stomach isn't the size of a basketball, I'm describing my hand placement. All the while she's trying to curl up on the couch in the fetal position, laughing hysterically and swatting me away.

So then she goes down to get laundry and comes back up. I try and touch her belly again, this time she falls over backwards on the bed and ends up laughing so hard she chokes on her own saliva. If you didn't know it already, pregnant women salivate a lot more. Apparently enough to make them choke to death, or so it seems, if they laugh too much.

So that's that, the bump has arrived. But now I have to be careful for fear of killing my wife by touching her belly and sending her into a laughing fit that causes her to choke on her own saliva.

C

No comments: