Friday, November 12, 2010

aaah parenting

This morning after showering I stepped out of the bathroom and noticed that the kids' bedroom door was open. That means Xander was up and about. Usually he goes into our room and bothers Amanda, however this morning I had gone into the kitchen and on the way turned on the dining room light --and left it on while I showered.

I go into our room and Amanda asks me if Xander is up. Ah ha! So that means the little scamp saw the light on and is in the kitchen trying to play with my phone while it's on the charger. I head that way and Xander leaves the kitchen and meets me halfway in the dining room with a huge smile on his face (which means he heard me, stopped what he was doing in the kitchen and left). This is typically what he does when he is nearly caught in the act. But, he's got something white on his chin???

Dad: Xander, what's on your chin?
X: Lotion!
Dad thinks: there's no lotion in the kitchen, what's he talking about?
Dad: What lotion? Show me.
Xander leads me into the kitchen and points to the Elmer's glue.
Xander: That lotion.
Dad: Xander, that's not lotion it's glue!
Xander: Oh!

No comments: