Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2 Months - Josie Style!

On one hand, Josie cannot already be two months old. On the other hand, it seems like she has been part of our family forever. She had her doctor's appointment on Tuesday and she checks out great.

Weight: 11 lbs., 6 oz.
Length: 22 inches
Head: 14 inches

Josie had her first set of vaccinations while there and of course that was horrible. The screams and tears just broke my heart. She seems to be dealing well with it last night and today.

I forgot to mention, Josie had her first unplanned doctor's visit last week. On Wednesday I noticed white spots on her tongue. They were still there on Thursday, so off to the doctor who confirmed that it was thrush. So I had to give Josie medicine four times a day for almost a week. At yesterday's appointment, the doctor confirmed it was gone.

What else to tell you....hmm. We don't swaddle Josie at all. I enjoy this because a) it's a little too warm to swaddle her and b) I'm horrible at swaddling. Josie likes to flail! She will just lie on her back and kick her feet and swing her arms. Sometimes this is the best way to get her to stop crying. I'll put her down and play with her legs (in case she's gassy) and after a minute I'll let go and she'll just have a ball.

She's also a terrific sleeper at night. She'll usually drift off somewhere between 8 and 10 and then will sleep anywhere from five hours to ten hours, averaging out at around eight hours in a row. She'll wake up around 5 am, I'll feed her and she'll drift off again. There's no rhyme or reason to daytime naps though. Sometimes she'll take three hour naps, other times only half an hour. And of course she's usually awake and fussy when I'm trying to make dinner.

Josie has a smile that will light up a room. I'll lean over and smile at her and it'll take a minute but she'll grin back and get squirmy.It's adorable but I'm not good at getting in on film.

No comments: