Saturday, December 6, 2008

Xander shares too much

On Wednesday I noticed that Xander was acting a little funny. It looked like he'd spit up in bed, but I didn't think too much on it. He was so tired he actually fell back asleep less than two hours after he woke up. I had to wake him up to get him fed and to the sitter's house on time. I explained to the sitter that he was acting a little off and headed off to work.

When I picked him up, the sitter agreed he was a little lethargic and also noticed he was passing a lot of gas.

Ah, well, that's ok because my brother and his girlfriend decided to visit. We had pizza and sat around and chatted. Meanwhile, Xander added to the atmosphere by passing a lot of smelly gas and then having a blow out so bad there was a clothes change involved. After they left, I put him down for a late nap.

Then my friend and her boyfriend come by to babysit in the late afternoon and evening. When X woke up from his nap, there was more spit up in the crib. And before I left, there was another clothes changing.

As Chris and I were eating dinner I received a call that Xander had projectile vomited on my friend while he was eating his dinner. And my friend had to also change his clothes twice and just asked if it were ok to put Xander in his pajamas. Heck, if you're still there and not begging me to get home to my sick kid, you can dress him in whatever you'd like!

When I arrived home, it was Xander's regular bedtime of 8 but he was way overdue for sleep. So I rocked him for about a minute and put him to bed. The next morning I found him still asleep in the corner of the crib with a puddle of vomit in the center. Yeah. There was a lot of laundry to do on Thursday. Fortunately, I was able to do it all in the morning.

What did all of this add up to? The stomach flu that is going around the area. How did he get it? Probably while we were at the doctor's office on Monday. How do I know it was the stomach bug? Because I got it Thursday afternoon. Chris got it Thursday night. My brother got it Thursday night. My friend and her boyfriend also got it Thursday night. Fortunately, my brother's girlfriend and the sitter's household have all taken a big skip.

So Friday was really rough with both Chris and I weak and tired. I was hoping my brother would come help out and then found out he was also sick. Luckily, my sitter is my neighbor and is way too nice and took Xander for four hours so Chris and I could nap without Xander (who was back to his usual bouncing self) crawling all over us or whining to be put up on the couch.

No comments: