Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm sure it's the first of many

With walking comes falling down. A lot. Xander has had many bruises the past few weeks. So yesterday when I set him down and he took one step and tumbled over, I didn't freak out. He bumped his head on the glider footstool and cried. So I sat down and cuddled him and told him it'll be ok.

Then I pulled him back to look where he bumped his head to find a nice little gash over his right eye, just above his eyebrow. Blood was slowly welling up. And my heart dropped into my stomach. I cleaned it off and a little more blood seeped out. Of course Xander calmed down and became wiggly while I'm trying to get a good look at his head.

This all happened five minutes before I would walked Xander to the sitter's and headed to work. So I'm silently freaking out that he needs stitches and what do I do about school? Augh! But it wasn't bleeding badly and he was acting normal, so I stuck a band-aid on and explained what happened to the sitter.

When I arrived home a couple of hours later, Xander was tired and had gone through a couple of band-aids. So it wasn't a bad gash, but it wasn't closing up due to where it was. So I called and made an appointment with the doctor.

Doc decided to use medical glue on the gash. There is now a bright shiny spot over the gash, but at least it isn't bleeding. And we also had to check Xander during the night to make sure he didn't have a concussion. I was sure he didn't but that is not something you want to be wrong about.

So today I am feeling pretty drained both mentally and physically.

No comments: