Monday, October 29, 2007

Playgroup at Church

On Friday Xander and I attended the Playgroup at our church. Once again it is advertised as including infants, but I wasn't hopeful. Mostly I just wanted to get out and to meet some other moms in the area.

There were five other moms who attended and about eight kids all together, one who was an infant (the mom brought her and her son). It was nice because it was a small group and half of us were there for the first time. We all got to chat and discuss fun details about pregnancy and birth (two of the moms were pregnant).

I also was able to see what Xander has to look forward to, mostly the problems with sharing and the total mess kids make (green icing was everywhere). Since we have no family, friends or neighbors (though one neighbor is due soon) with infants, he'll be spoiled rotten. Chris and I will have to make up sharing games to play.

On a different note, Xander has had two 'firsts' today.
~He slept for 5 hours straight last night giving me my first long (by long I mean four hours in a row) stretch of sleep in over a month.
~He definitely smiled at me today. He has been smiling, but we kept chalking it up to gas. Today he looked right at me and I smiled and he smiled back for like ten seconds, much longer than a gas smile.

Other accomplishments (or milestones I guess) include:
~ He is a champ at holding up his head. Sometimes it gets a little wobbly and he does a woodpecker imitation. He did head bunt me once and started screaming bloody murder. More and more it is head up and he is trying to look around.
~ He has started cooing. It's a little surprising hearing 'ah' and 'o' coming from the crib/bassinet/bouncy seat.

No comments: