Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The 15 Minute Boy

Since Chris mentioned it, here are the plates we made.


Xander has been doing pretty well at night. He'll sleep anywhere from 2 to 4 hours at a time then cry to be fed. After he's fed though he'll settle right down and I go and drop off to sleep for another 2 to four hours. It averages to about two or three feedings a night.

Of course it doesn't always work that way. Last night I was up for over two hours trying to calm him down enough to sleep.

And the consequence of such decent nights is that Xander transforms into 15 Minute Boy during the mornings. He wants fed every hour and in between he needs changed and burped and is awake being fussy. I get him calm and happy and 15 minutes later he's upset about something else.

Today I calmed him by taking a nice long car ride down to my old library. This resulted in 15 Minute Boy visiting all afternoon. I finally have him blissfully asleep in one of his slings (Thank you Julie!). Of course yesterday he raised the roof with his unhappiness of being in the sling and who knows what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: