Monday, July 9, 2012

The Party at the End of the Rainbow

I planned so much for Josie's 3rd birthday party (want to see my Pinterest?) and then I forgot to take pictures of the big day. Ah, well, here are the details.

I decided on a rainbow theme for the party. For some reason, having a theme has become more and more important to me. Josie was enthusiastic about any theme I suggested so I decided to go with the easiest.

Decorations included a rainbow of streamers hung from the front porch. They were supposed to just dangle but it was gusty so it ended up that people walked under the rainbow instead of through it. Then we hung up two strings across the back yard with balloons to make a rainbow. I thought it looked really cool. Unfortunately, some combination of heat and wind kept making balloons pop, so only partial rainbows still hung up by the time guests arrived.

I made rainbow jello. I do wish I'd gotten a picture of it as it was dished out. And I made a rainbow cake! I did get some pictures of Josie with her cake. I made a little pendant instead of writing on the cake this time (which is now hanging in her room). It was too bad the gusty wind kept blowing out the candles before Josie did, so no wishes this year.





For the kids who visited, Xander helped me draw rainbows and suns on brown bags for favors. Inside included Skittles (taste the rainbow), a straw, a beach ball and rainbow stickers.

Josie had a great time with everyone that visited. She was so fun to watch open her gifts. Every one she had something fun to say like "I love it!" Most of the clothes she wanted to try on right then as well as the jewelry. She'd wander off holding a present and we'd have to call her back to open some more. It's nice that she isn't the type to open a present and throw it aside if she doesn't like it.

By the end of the party only the neighbors were left. So the adults chatted and we broke out the new Hello, Kitty sprinkler for the kids to run in.


The next morning we spent quality time trying on all of the clothes, shoes and jewelry before racing off to play with the toys.



No comments: