Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Two Months

I'm running a little behind, so hopefully I can kick out a few blogs to update everyone. Hannah had her two month well check two weeks ago. She turned two months three weeks ago. So that makes Hannah....11 weeks old now.

According to the doctor here are Hannah's stats:

Weight: 12 pounds, 4 ounces (81 percentile)
Height: 24 inches (93 percentile)
Head circumference: 15.25 inches

When we returned from California we had to find a new family doctor. I'm still getting used to it. This doctor remembers us, he even asked about Josie and how she is doing after the glass eating incident. The nurses measure Hannah's height by laying her down on the table and marking her head and feet on the paper. This seems so much smarter that trying to line up a tape measure next to a squirming baby. And they have a special head measuring tape that is already looped so it fits better.

Anyway, Hannah was declared a healthy baby and was given her first round of vaccinations. One was oral and two were shots in her thighs. I could handle Hannah crying but I was worried about Xander and Josie (who were along) getting upset. I gave them a warning that Hannah would probably cry and they could cover their ears. They did fine and earned stickers when we left.

Hannah had a few rough days after the shots but since then she has become her happy self again. In fact, in the past ten days I'd say she has slept through the night four times (getting at least eight and a half hours of sleep in a row). The rest of the nights she'll only get up once. This has helped me immensely with taking care of three kids and returning to my part time job. I'm not always sunshine and rainbows but at least I'm not using the television as a full time babysitter anymore.

No comments: