Sunday, October 9, 2011

Highbanks Metro Park

I really wanted to go to the park to get pictures of the kids in the fall foliage and, since it was nearly 80 this weekend, I managed to drag Chris away from the patio for a few hours. The kids were excited to go to the park because in their heads park = playground. So when we started walking on the trails, they were less than happy.


Xander flat out refused to have his picture taken.




After a little teasing from Dad, Josie cheered up and had a good time.






I taught Josie how to stomp on the leaves to hear them crunch. That lead to running through the leaves. Finally, Xander cheered up when he realized he was allowed to throw the leaves.






Now I just need to work on figuring out the best settings on this fancy camera. I mean, there isn't one that says "Pictures of kids on a sunny day in a shady park" so we made due with "Auto." I did try a couple "Aperture" settings, but the pictures came out blurry.

No comments: