Sunday, October 16, 2011

Abstract Dad

As Xander becomes more involved in school work, he is beginning to draw more. One focus is to be able to draw Mat Man, which is just a man formed by shapes (circle for the head and so on). Before this, Xander would draw a picture if I asked but he didn't ask for crayons and paper.

When school began he had to draw a self portrait. His first attempt was pretty decent despite the fact that he drew four legs. He explained that was because it was a picture of him dancing. I was very tempted to put a note with the picture to explain why his picture had extra legs but I refrained from doing doing so.

He now will ask to draw a picture and he continues to add little extras that he is all to happy to explain. Below is the picture he decided to draw of Chris. Interesting, I know. Allow me to explain.


You can clearly see the head. Xander did start out with Dad's eyes, nose, mouth and ears. You can just make them out if you try. The little bubble on top is a hat. The blue on the top is hair. The purple on top is the brain. Yeah. I know. The blue in the middle is Dad's beard. (Chris is currently in beard mode, in case you haven't seen him.)

The red on the ears? Ear gloves. I kid you not.

The red on his feet? Snow socks.

And, in case you haven't noticed, Dad is in a bubble.

Also, there are no arms. Xander said that Chris could add in arms but they had to be little arms. He strongly reiterated that, "Short arms, Dad!"

I can't wait to see what he thinks of me.

No comments: