Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yosemite - Day 1

Chris took off the day before his birthday, Friday, so we could have a three day adventure in Yosemite. After lots of searching and debating, we were going to stay at a hotel just outside of Yosemite called Cedar Lodge. Turns out you need to book like a year in advance to get a hotel in Yosemite. Since we left all of our camping gear in Ohio, camping was not an option (which it was too cold for anyway). We left late morning and planned on a stop for lunch and then the kids would sleep the rest of the ride (yeah, that didn't go as planned).

By the time we arrived at the hotel at around 3 I was getting a migraine. It was too hot (wait, didn't I say it was too cold to camp? wait for it) and the curvy roads and trees flashing by just did me in. So I tried to sleep it off for an hour.

In the meantime Chris took the kids around the property on a bear hunt. There were 30+ different bears on the property. The website had a handy map, so off they went for a while.

Roar!


They checked in on me around 4 and then took off to Yosemite, leaving me to fend for myself (which was probably best).

Chris, Xander and Josie didn't do any hiking or go on any trails. Instead, Chris just pulled over and let the kids run around while he enjoyed the views. I can not tell you how many pictures we took on this trip. I'm really trying to keep it toned down and focus on the kids here.

Josie, the rock was this big!


Run away, run away!


I forget which waterfall this is, Chris could tell you though.


Chris kept trying to get the kids to appreciate all of the mountains, cliffs and waterfalls.




When Josie walked to the end of this log she found a lizard at the end of it. I guess it darted away and she just started screaming! I wasn't there but I'm sure Chris comforted her and did not laugh.

They headed back for dinner in the hotel room with me (where I only sipped a 7-Up) and settled in for the night.

Xander was disappointed that he didn't get to go swimming. Because that is why you go to a hotel, to go swimming.








No comments: