Monday, February 14, 2011

My Little Valentines

To prepare for Valentine's Day, the kids made cards for all of their aunts, grandparents and great-grandmas. Let me tell you, it was exhausting helping a three year old cut out 2o-some hearts and then gluing them to paper.

For the kids, I just wanted to make the cookies that my mom always made for me. They are heart shaped cookies with a cherry filling. After scouring the internet and making a couple calls to my mom, I had the recipe. Then I managed to nab the last heart shaped cookie cutter from Michael's.

During lunch today, I put the cookie cutter to good use.


For the cookies, I made the filling and the cookie dough ahead of time. This afternoon we invited Xander's friend Dusty, his mom and sister over to help make the cookies. They helped with the cut outs and taste testing.


Those cookies are just as delicious as I remember. The kids love them. I guess we have a new tradition.

2 comments:

Ikkin said...

They look like little heart shaped pies! So cute! Be careful what you start though, since we successfully pleaded with my mom to make our traditional Valentine's Day cookies this past weekend. You may be making these cookies for a long time!

Hugs said...

Ha, you should have seen my reaction when I opened the Valentine's gift from my parents. It was a book for the kids! No cookies! I actually shook the empty box to check! So I realize that when the kids are in their 30's they will be looking for their package (or for the recipe).