Thursday, February 12, 2009

The results are in!

I had the big 20 week ultrasound yesterday. Chris couldn't get out of work, so he was on the phone. Enchilada was not at all shy and the doctor was pretty quickly able to determine that Enchilada is a girl! "Yup," the doctor said, "no outdoor plumbing there."

The doctor proceeded to take lots of pictures (and when Chris gets a chance I will let him take care of editing and posting) and said that everything looked healthy and the baby was about 12 oz. Enchilada has heart, spine, limbs, the works.

Then the doctor said "I checked again. Still not a boy." She probably said this because when Chris heard 'girl' he let out his loud, nervous, disbelief laugh.

I waited till I was in the car to laugh and mildly freak out. Not that we're going to have a daughter (although visions of pink clothes keep clouding my head) but having two kids. I'm going to have to take care of TWO KIDS. Nursing one, making chicken nuggets for the other. And I'm back to enjoying my sleep. I can kiss that good-bye! And double the diaper changes!

And deep breath. Hmmm, I wonder how Chris would feel about Amanda Junior for a name.

2 comments:

Fatima said...

I am so excited for you guys! The only advice I can give you for a girl is to make sure to get a new credit card out especially for her because everything pink and frilly will be bought :)

You are going to be great with both of them, it is not as hard as some people might say. You and Chris will do fantastic and Xander is going to be a GREAT older brother.

Julie said...

Congrats!! Girls are so much fun. Boys are, too, of course, but I'm excited you get to have both!