Monday, February 23, 2009

A Morning Treat

Xander has been fabulous in the morning lately. He's been sleeping in until at least 7, then he'll yell once and just babble and giggle away until I arrive on the scene. When I do go into his room he stands up and tries to take off his sleep sack, which he always forgets that I need to unzip first. But I'll unzip it and he'll step out, lean over, pick it up and hand it to me. Then we proceed to diaper change and picking out clothes.

This morning had one small detour. Xander stood up when I came in, but leaned over to pick up something small. He was very focused, using his thumb and finger. I was wondering what could be in the crib that was so small and figured maybe he's just seeing something. He stood up and held out his pinched fingers for me to take what he'd picked up. I reached out and received a little, soft, gooey booger. Xander seemed pretty proud of himself.

No comments: