Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pavlov's Mom

What? You'd like to see the yoga positions Xander does?

Cobra


Downward facing dog



I couldn't get the Tabletop pose or Plank because he would see me and roll over to smile.



Xander is conditioning me to get him up out of the crib in the morning or after a nap. His crib is pretty sparse, there is only a blanket, pacifier, aquarium mobile and a frog that hangs in that you pull to play a lullaby. Instead of yelling or crying when he wakes up, Xander will roll around and play. And the only toy in reach is the frog. So in the morning I know it is time to get up if I hear that lullaby going. Or if I'm downstairs I'll suddenly hear it being played over the monitor. And I know if I don't get him soon there will be crying.

The little guy is getting very vocal as well. He will sometimes go on sprees of 'da-da-ada' (like on Mother's Day - thanks for the love, kid). The past few days there are more high pitched squeals that make you want to cover your ears. But the best is when Xander sighs and it turns into a rolling 'r' sound.

No comments: