Thursday, July 11, 2013

Josie turns 4


Josie tried to have a party for her 4th birthday but, with Chris gallivanting across Europe (or stuck in some lab in the UK, whichever), I wasn't having any of it. I knew I could organize and invite and bake and decorate but I also knew I would try too hard and drive myself to a yelling, sobbing mess. So my gift to Josie was to not be a yelling, sobbing mess. That didn't stop her from randomly telling me who she wanted to invite to her (nonexistent) party and what gifts she wanted.

She did get gifts and a cake, I made sure of that. Her Grandma also made sure to get gifts to her in time to open on her birthday.
Birthday morning hair

Focus, careful!

Finally, Applejack!

Someone is a MLP fan. 

I treated Josie to some special time together by getting a sitter for Xander and Hannah and taking Josie to paint pottery. I had once painted a butterfly bank for Josie and Hannah broke it. Since Josie loved the butterfly and loves to paint, it made sense to let her make her own.


So many colors to choose from.
Josie requested a strawberry cake, so I whipped up a two layer cake. She requested purple frosting (which looked pink until you cut open the cake). We did not finish it ourselves but brought the unfinished 3/4 to a friend's house the next day to share with the kids there. 

She blew them out in one try, I wonder what she wished for?
Once Dad returned from his trip (with the European version of My Little Ponies), Grandma and Grandpa visited with their gifts. I can not tell you how many times I have read her this Fancy Nancy book (Fanciest Doll in the Universe) to her. Every time she points out something new or has a question about the story. Maybe this will be her new obsession. I almost hope not because this house is inundated with My Little Ponies that need to be played with first.


No update on her stats until September.

No comments: