Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sleepy Time

I've been spending time lately adding labels to old posts. Random fact: there are over 300 posts for this blog. Since we aren't posting nearly as often as we used to, that may be surprising. In fact, I'm sure people don't drop by to get updates very often anymore. That's okay, it's for the kids.

In going through the old posts, I found several where Chris mentioned Xander having a 'witching hour' where he'd scream through the evening. Yikes, I remember that it took work to calm Xander down but I'd repressed just how bad it was.

Hannah has not been like that. While pregnant I would joke (and secretly dread) that this third child would be the colicy baby, the one who would scream for hours for no reason that we could think of.

So far I couldn't have been more wrong. Hannah is an awesome baby. She is two months now. She does not spend much time crying but will look around quietly or spend time wiggling and flailing her limbs about. When she does cry, just picking her up usually works but spending a few minutes walking with her always calms her.

In the evening she will get somewhat fussy but I figured out what to do. Just lay her on the floor and let her wiggle until she falls asleep. Seriously. Then when I am ready for bed, I will bring her up to her room, sit in the rocking chair for a little while if she has woken up, then put her to bed and walk away. It's just that easy!

I really hope I'm not jinxing this by writing about it.

She's finally getting to a point of sleeping for four hours a stretch. A couple nights ago there was SIX entire hours of uninterrupted sleep. Seriously, it was better than having an energy drink.

I'm not sure if this is just Hannah's nature, to be laid back and relaxed. Or maybe it's that Chris and I know what we're doing this time around and we are more laid back and relaxed. Either way, I'll take it.

No comments: