Tuesday, January 31, 2012

37 Weeks

Here we are at 37 weeks and wondering how long we will have to finish getting baby materials ready. We have the mini van with Xander in his new booster seat and Josie in her 5-point harness but still need to put in the base for the baby carrier. The new table that sits more people arrived in September so there will be room for us plus the high chair. Josie's bed has been moved to Xander's room and the crib set up in her room so that midnight feeding, changing and crying are less likely to bother the kids and Chris. The swing, bassinet, bouncy chair and baby mat are all cleaned and ready to go. The baby clothes have been picked through to find anything appropriate for a girl born in February and some clothes have been bought to help keep the baby warm (since Josie was born in June and wore little outfits).


So far the doctor says there is no progress. I'm definitely having daily contractions but they are very sporadic so I haven't worried about calling the doctor or heading to the hospital. In fact, everyday I think "I should pack my hospital bag" but nothing actually gets packed. I am a little stressed about maternity leave which starts next week. There is a sub lined up who is ready to go but that doesn't make it easier to turn over my class to someone else.



Xander and Josie are very excited for the baby to get here. They are the only ones I let talk to my belly because they are so cute. "Hello, baby, this is Xander." "Shhhh, baby, it's time to sleep." Hopefully they will keep up the good attitudes once the baby is here.

While this hasn't been a difficult pregnancy, there have been more hiccups than with Xander or Josie. There was the time I fell and had to go to the hospital for observation. Then Josie might have had Fifth Disease. Then Chris might have had shingles. Then I did get his rash, scratched it and developed impetigo. So currently I have a contagious rash on my left forearm and am taking antibiotics. Hopefully it clears up before the baby arrives because it will hard to nurse a baby without touching her.

No comments: