Thursday, July 21, 2011

All the Cereal I Can Eat

I'm in week 9 (according to my expert internet searches) and am finally getting over the morning sickness phase of pregnancy. I think it was a little worse this time but very little vomiting.

Around week 6 I began hating meat. It was disgusting and only made my stomach roll. Then I just felt nauseous all day. It didn't help that I had to make meals for the kids but the worse was when Chris had to work late and I had to make burger patties out of ground turkey. Grilling any meat was bad but actually having to shape it made me have to walk away and do some deep breathing.

So of course I turned to my trusty cereal to get me through. I'm mostly ok now with the occasional stomach roll, usually if there is fish involved.

I'm also getting a definitive baby bump. Depending on my outfit, sometimes I just look fat. Yesterday, as I unloaded the kids from the car, I saw my reflection in the window and pregnancy can not be denied.

Which also means that my clothes aren't fitting as well. Some shirts just pull a little tight but the pants are definitely digging in. I can't ask anyone in Ohio to go to our house, pull the truck out of the garage, go up into the attic (which has to be beyond sweltering with the 90+ weather there), find the right bin to get down, pick out the appropriate clothes and ship them here. Besides, they'd barely get here before I head back to Ohio.

After a few days of groaning and unbuttoning my pants when I sat down, Chris demanded a shopping trip for a few maternity shorts or capris. It was surprisingly difficult but we finally found a few things that would work. Now I am much more comfortable.

No comments: