Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nothing to See Here

I guess we are already boring to our own son.

Last week I realized we had to get Xander something to entertain him and for him to practice reaching and such. I looked in stores (too expensive) and resale stores (not much selection) and finally found two baby gyms I liked on craigslist. I agonized over which to get and finally decided on this Baby Einstein play mat.

I think he likes it!


In other news, last week Xander made a huge leap in the eye-hand coordination arena. Seriously, within days he progressed from looking at his penguin to seeing the penguin, swinging his arms up to grab the penguin in a vice-like grip and plunging it towards his gapping mouth. It was hilarious to watch.

Sure, his grab isn't always perfect but even when he misses or only gets one hand on it he will get really happy and start flailing. I find the whole thing particularly funny when he tries this with his Eeyore and Eeyore's big face or with Cookie Monster and gets googley eyeball in his mouth. Now he even starts smiling just when he sees one of the toys just lying beside him.

No comments: